graphics card recommendation for large tower dell optiplex 755.

oxygenring

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
I need a recommendation for a new graphics card to go with my Dell OptiPlex 755. It has an Intel q9550 quad core 2.83ghz with a 12m cache and 4gb of ram. I did a fresh install of windows 7 home premium and it works very well. But, I need a graphics card to replace the integrated q35 express chip. Most games i try to load will either say things like hardware t&l required but no supported by adapter or detected graphics card not supported. Can anyone give me a recommendation of what graphics card i should put onto the PCI express 1.0 75watt slot. As long as it can run any semi modern game like half life 2, borderlands 2, I will be fine.
http://i63.tinypic.com/307qhq1.png[/IMG]

Solution
Based on your 305 watt PSU and that several discrete 40 watt graphics cards were offered by Dell, I would think A GT 730 would work.
GTX750Ti 2GB DDR5 doesn't require PSU upgrade (get one without 6 pin socket) check for EUFI BIOS compatibility. They come both ways. That PSU is rated very conservatively, about 375W equivalent. Go to Crucial.com to check memory capacity, dell is often wrong on this. With 32bit OS get 5-6GB RAM. You have to watch the size of the card, and might have to mod it some. Long 2 fan cards wont fit. Long single slot cards will. Cards up to 6 3/4'' long will work if single slot (can be wide behind bracket. 6 3/4'' 2 slot cards can fit if you cut bracket in 1/2 and cut cover to let air go out the side at the rear. Aftermarket PSUs fit. Then you have more options .