Graphics Card Recommendation?

Stahri

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Hello Everyone!

So I'm having struggle with running pretty much any games on my 4-5 years old computer and I was hoping to get any help with what video/graphics card can actually operate on it.
Games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends are running on about 5-20 fps which is pretty bad. More recent games are just freezing on start and makes it impossible just to move the camera around......
I'm not looking for anything amazing just a minor upgrade bc ive heard that the graphic card i curently have is not made for gaming at all.

System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario
System Model: BM412AA-ABA-CQ5600Y
Windows® Home Premium 7 64-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II 170u Processor. 2.0 GHz 2000 Mhz, 1 Core, 1 Logical Processor
RAM: 2 GB
Current Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE nForce 430

Basically this: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Presario-CQ5000-Desktop-PC-series/4269863/model/4300410/document/c02481302

I'm not sure what other info u guys need because I'm pretty clueless about this stuff
Thanks!

Mounty_078

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
To get anything respectable you would also need to swap out your CPU, upgrade your RAM and probably need another PSU. That's kind of the struggle in these type of things. You wouldn't get the performance you want with just swapping out your GPU.

Vexillarius

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
It's not just your graphics card, it's also your CPU and RAM. Upgrading anything other than RAM will also require a PSU and/or motherboard upgrade, and upgrading only your CPU, RAM or graphics card will just create bottlenecks and not get you anywhere. You also have to deal with a nonstandard case, which complicates things further.

Honestly, it's time for an entirely new build. This one isn't worth upgrading in my opinion. You can salvage the HDD, but that's about it.

Stahri

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015

I'm going to get a brand new computer in the $700 range somewhere in June so i just really need to get something minor to be actually able to play on even the lowest of the them low settings.