[SOLVED] Graphics Card Related Issue

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
I have a GPU related issue. When I cleaned out my desktop pc and organized some of the wires to make my pc look more aesthetic, I came upon a issue with my graphics card. The issue is that after I turned on my pc after cleaning everything up, the white light where the PCIE cable connects on the GPU, doesn't show anymore. This issue only happened after I did a clean on my pc. My overall specs are, Ryzen 7 2700x, RTX 3060 OC, 32 GB of RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1TB SSD, B450 F Gaming II motherboard, and a 500-watt power supply. My pc still functions as normal, I still get good FPS in games as I always would and GPU temps are below 70 Celsius all the time. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

When I inserted the PCIE cable into the graphics card, it made a clicking sound signifying that it's firmly in its place.

Solution
try the GPU manufacturer control software.
there should be LED control options that you can possibly reset to default and re-enable.

also check your motherboard control software.
you don't state your component's brands
(which you always need to include along with your complete system specs every time you are asking for system help on any tech forum).
but it's possible the motherboard utility has altered your GPU's LED options.

if that doesn't work;
completely remove the card,
reseat in it's PCIe slot,
and re-plug PCIe power cables.

and it's always possible the LEDs have just malfunctioned.

also always include your PSU make, model, & time in use in your system specs.
try the GPU manufacturer control software.
there should be LED control options that you can possibly reset to default and re-enable.

also check your motherboard control software.
you don't state your component's brands
(which you always need to include along with your complete system specs every time you are asking for system help on any tech forum).
but it's possible the motherboard utility has altered your GPU's LED options.

if that doesn't work;
completely remove the card,
reseat in it's PCIe slot,
and re-plug PCIe power cables.

and it's always possible the LEDs have just malfunctioned.

also always include your PSU make, model, & time in use in your system specs.

Solution

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
My apologies for the lack of information.

My full build is:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x,
Gigabyte RTX 3060 Eagle GPU (overclocked edition)
Thermaltake 500-watt PSU, non rated
Asus Rog Strix B450-F Gaming II Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB RAM 2 x 16 (In dual channel) With speed of 3200 MHz
1TB Samsung 870 Evo series 2.5
500 GB PNY SSD (not sure of the full specs)

I tried to reseat my GPU as well as reboot my pc a few times and still no result of the white light on the GPU being fixed. My grahics card also has a lighting software, RGB Fusion 2.0 where I tried to reset the lighting on that but still no result.

When I first boot up the pc, the white light does flash for a few seconds and once the pc is fully booted into Windows 10, the light just turns off.

According to my motherboard's BIOS, is there a way I can access the settings on my GPU so that I can possibly get this issue resolved?

I really appreciate the feedback!

Thermaltake 500-watt PSU, non rated
which model exactly.
it may not be likely but it's possible a cheap/faulty PSU could have damaged the card's ability to govern the lighting.
and Thermaltake does makes some very cheap model power supplies.
Gigabyte RTX 3060 Eagle
even though this is a Gigabyte GPU it's also possible that ASUS software could conflict with the Gigabyte LED settings.
if you don't have it already, try installing ASUS Armoury Crate and see if the GPU is available in lighting options and see if you can alter it's settings there.

Arman Chermakyan

Commendable
Feb 20, 2021
The model of my power supply is Smart Series 500-Watt 80 Plus.

I also installed Asus Armoury Crate and the only device that shows up on this application is my motherboard, not my graphics card.