Question Graphics card removal turns out to be harder than expected

Sep 10, 2021
Good evening,

I have an issue with removing my graphics card from my old computer. It's an 1060 6GB from palit and I seem to miss out on something whilst trying to remove it, at least it won't come out as easy.
There is this weird silicon-ish stuff on there and I just can't pull my graphics card out. I will attach a picture of it to this thread

EUMyPR7.jpg

I guess you can see this white gummi-ish stuff on there and I seems like something around this area prevents me from pulling it out. I can remember pulling it out before and it worked more or less flawless. above this white stuff there seems to be some mechanism that looks like it could be the issue. I can't move it or anything though.

every help is appreciated.

Sep 10, 2021
Well, I did not put it there lmao. Neither can I remember that it has been there ever before. this is my old pc, from years ago. It was prebuilt but I have upgraded the graphics card and some components over time. The "hot glue" as it seems is not as easy to remove as I thought lmao. I'll try my best though...

Well, I did not put it there lmao. Neither can I remember that it has been there ever before. this is my old pc, from years ago. It was prebuilt but I have upgraded the graphics card and some components over time. The "hot glue" as it seems is not as easy to remove as I thought lmao. I'll try my best though...
It looks like hot glue.
and I would bet that's what it is
I don't know how you could have changed the gpu without doing something with that glue.
Be careful removing the glue.....don't break anything.
Maybe there is another release clip.....look around.....but if you don't see one....it almost has to be under the glue.....as the vast majority of motherboards have ONE release clip on the slot.

Sep 10, 2021
Turns out, my computer once went completely nuts and didn't wanna startup so I gave it to someone who could repair it. Apparently this individual fixed it by putting hot glue onto the graphics card so It wouldn't slip out. Like what the <Mod Edit>...

TXwBJe1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: