Question graphics card replacement

Jan 22, 2023
I'm thinking about replacing the graphics card with an rx 6600, but I am not sure if it will be compatible with my computer.

specifcation:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
RAM: KINGSTON Fury Beast 16GB 3200MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Power supply: Seasonic S12II 520W

I will be grateful for any help.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It should be compatible; the only issue with GPU compatibility is there being a PCIE slot and UEFI (which means every motherboard since about 2011-2012). I'd certainly upgrade the PSU as even a good group-regulated PSU is now bare entry-level as it isn't appropriate in a modern rig with a modern GPU.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

ThraxInDistress

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
Rest assured it is fully compatible. Just take note of the power requirements of the 6600. A 520w is more than enough but I wouldnt recommend Overclocking too high. Not to mention the bottleneck that will happen with the ryzen 3 1200. Its a great processor for the time, but its a bit aged now.

None the less itll work. You're fine. Best of Luck!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just a hint about the swap process. To start, get your system running as it is now. First UNinstall any utilities and devuce drivers for your exisiting video card. Then go into Device Manager and Remove it so you have NO video card listed. THEN shut down and install the new card. When you start up again, all the Install utilities should work and get the new one going smoothly.