Graphics card rising temperature on idle

Kerf

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
So I have been experience this issue for a few days now ever since I installed my new PSU. CPUID shows my R9 270x will randomly increase in temperature for no reason at idle. Typically its about 35C, but I will watch it gradually go up to 70C on the desktop and stay there for a minute and then go back down. What is causing this?

Kerf

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Its also worth mentioning that it usually does it only once per times I open up CPUID. Closing it and reopening it will cause it to happen again within 5 mins or so, although it could just be a coincidence. It hasn't been happening long enough for me to know when it will occur. The new PSU could be a coincidence too.

Edit: Actually its happening again so its just completely random.
Edit Edit: Its also probably worth mentioning that (I think) the frames will start decreasing when I tab in to play a game.

Kerf

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Ok, well I just changed the new PSU back to the old one and seeing if this fixing my issue since it is probably the most likely outcome since my problem occurred shortly after putting it in. It wouldn't surprise me considering I had to RMA the same PSU earlier for a different defect though. I thought the Antec Platinum were suppose to be good. =(

Either way id like any feedback anyone could give me. Do faulty PSUs cause the GPU to overheat? Would love any expert opinions. =)

Kerf

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Changed the PSU, still having this issue. The graphics card seems to go to 70+C on the desktop, but switching over to a gaming will make it go down. I didn't make any recent changes aside from the PSU so I have no idea what's going on.

Going to run malewarebytes. I'm thinking it could be a virus. If that doesn't work, going to format. Still looking for any help on the subject.