Graphics card ruining monitors?

andylll

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I recently received a new case and water cooling kit, and after moving everything from my old case (my computer worked fine) into the new one and installing the water cooling system, it will start up (I can see the fans running atleast), but my monitor says "no signal received."
I tested the monitor on another system and got the same results, so I figured the monitor was bad and tested a different monitor (working fine) on my system.
This monitor had the same results when plugged into my compter: no signal received, and it no longer receives a signal on any system. Could this be a problem with my graphics card, or an error in installation?

Two most common problems are that the monitor isn't on the correct input (front panel or side of the monitor allows you to switch between HDMI, DVI, VGA) and the second is that you plugged into the wrong port (if you install a graphics card - the onboard VGA is disabled). You can also try reseating the graphics card - sometimes it might not be inserted properly.

andylll

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

I hit the source button on the monitor several times and I didn't see anything on any of them. If it helps, I have a Radeon HD 6870. I have tried both of the ports on it, and I tried taking it out and putting it in the other PCI Express 16 slot on my motherboard- still nothing.
However, the second monitor that I used to test returned to normal on the second computer after a reboot, so I am relieved that these monitors are not being permanantly harmed.

andylll

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I really need some help with this problem. I have tried every port in my graphics card in every slot in my motherboard and still get the same results every time.