Question Graphics Card Running Poorly, Certain Game Displays VRAM as only 128 MB.

Jul 30, 2019
I recently installed an RTX 2080 TI and began playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. The game was running with unplayable frame-rates with most textures taking forever to load in. I checked the in-game graphics menu which displays how much VRAM the current settings will use, and was met with a warning that my computer only had 128 megabytes of VRAM. This issue occured previously when I reinstalled my GTX 1070.

Did it detect the correct video card when it detected only 128 MB VRAM? Kind of sounds like it is running on the iGPU (I'm assuming there is one) where 64 or 128 MB VRAM would not be uncommon.

If it is detecting the 2080 Ti (and 1070 before), then there might be a power issue (ie, video card not getting enough power, plug not in all the way, etc).

Jul 30, 2019
Did it detect the correct video card when it detected only 128 MB VRAM? Kind of sounds like it is running on the iGPU (I'm assuming there is one) where 64 or 128 MB VRAM would not be uncommon.

If it is detecting the 2080 Ti (and 1070 before), then there might be a power issue (ie, video card not getting enough power, plug not in all the way, etc).
Thanks for the reply. The computer and the Nvidia app both recognize the card. Power was something I considered, I'll check back tomorrow once I've reset everything and plugged it back in.