Question Graphics card screen flickering

Aug 18, 2019
I recently wiped my computer and reinstalled Windows. I reinstalled all my graphics drivers too, but recently when I've been playing games that ran fine before the screen will start to flicker red and blue and then the game will crash. It has happened in multiple games so far. I also see the flickering out of games sometimes just not as common. I tried Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers and installing older drivers too but nothing fixed it. I even did a clean install using Display driver uninstaller(DDU). When i used integrated graphics i don't have the flickering and when i don't have any driver installed for my graphics card i didn't notice any flickering either. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti.

This is what it looks like when it starts to flicker in games normally crashes shortly after.

When I crash in the game remnant from the ashes this is the crash message: Assertion failed: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

Last edited:
Those look like artifacts. Your GPU might be showing signs of age. From that screenshot, it looks most probably a VRAM memory corruption issue on the card.

Which PSU model have you been using till now ? RMA the GPU, assuming it is faulty/dead, and still under warranty. is the GPU overclocked ??

Last edited:

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Try undervolting your card by just a tiny bit and see if that solves it.

I had the same artifact problem with my card until I just happened to undervolt my card. The problems went away. I did it with MSI afterburner. I only had to undervolt by -25mV

Don't worry about anything bad happening to your card if you undervolt btw, it won't cause damage to the card.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS