Graphics Card showing blank screen when monitor plugged into gpu

facesoflife

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
System Specs:
HP 6200 Pro Microtower
i5 2500 @ 3.3 GHz
4 GB ram @ 1333 mhz
MSI GTX 750 ti 2 GB(No Power Connector, Low power Card)
I have my card installed in the PCIe slot and although the fans are spinning, after a CClean, BIOS update, Disabling Drivers and going into safe mode and removing and replacing the card many times i'm unable to traverse my way around this issue, i recently just purchased this HP PC and graphics card, RAM upgrades to use for a budget gaming pc and i would hate to be out of $. Please help Tomshardware!

Solution
There's a bit more to psu's than watts unfortunately, like amps and 12 volt rails etc. you prob don't need to concern yourself with that at the moment.
Did the reviews list what type of psu was used?
Unfortunately, big companies tend to put cheap psu in their systems to keep price down.
Can you plug in to your onboard graphics, and leave the card plugged in. Go into your bios and see if you can see it being detected/listed.

Devildjinn

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
Although it is a low power card, I'm going to assume your power supply can't deliver enough power to your card.
Or the low profile pcie slot isn't rated to put out enough watts for that card.
I have seen others with similar problems, and it turned out to be the pcie slot.

facesoflife

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
It's a generic 320w HP, I've seen many reports of this 750 ti LP by MSI working in 230w systems. If i were to remove my chassis fan would this eliminate the possible issue with the psu. Would you recommend to reset CMOS?

Devildjinn

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
There's a bit more to psu's than watts unfortunately, like amps and 12 volt rails etc. you prob don't need to concern yourself with that at the moment.
Did the reviews list what type of psu was used?
Unfortunately, big companies tend to put cheap psu in their systems to keep price down.
Can you plug in to your onboard graphics, and leave the card plugged in. Go into your bios and see if you can see it being detected/listed.

Solution

facesoflife

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Yes, i seen reports of them used with generic Dell 230w PSUs as well as the same psu I have with the 320w psu. When i plug into my onboard graphics and go into bios on the primary gpu there is no option to switch to my 750 ti only the integrated graphics shows up.

facesoflife

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

I only have one pcie slot.

Devildjinn

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
Unfamiliar with your bios, but generally it should be under bios features. Just look around to see if you can find it.
Failing that, I'm at a loss as to what could be the issue? Bad board or bad card. Unless you can test your card out on someone else's rig, you prob can't tell.
Lga 1155 isn't exactly old, so your board should support the card.
Last attempt would be boot up windows with card plugged in using your onboard graphics.
Go into device manager to see if you can see it as a listed device, install drivers etc etc.

facesoflife

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
I don't see the option to enable legacy mode for pcie in the bios, It doesn't show up in device manager in windows and drivers when installing say that the hardware is not found for those drivers.

Devildjinn

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
Strange, thought legacy support on bios was a common thing, nvm.
Unless your pc already came with s gpu, it's quite possible the board is broke.
Or your card was/is dead.
You didn't mention if you bought all these parts new or preowned?

facesoflife

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

Card was new, the rest was sold to me by a reputable ebay seller.
edit:and no the pc came with no gpu installed. How likely do you think it is that it's the motherboard?