Graphics card shows black screen

chrollo2k16

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019
So I recently bought a msi rx 580 armor 8gb. I plugged it into my motherboard's pcie 16x slot and I got nothing but a black screen on both my monitors. I made sure that the 6+2 pin power connectors were connected and that I uninstalled the nvidia drivers i previously had. It's not a graphics card issue because I plugged it into my friends system and it worked perfectly. I tried almost every troubleshooting method out there. What do i do?

My motherboard was from the Asus prebuilt tower called the g11cd-k. The motherboard itself is called g11cd and is very similar to the h110m. It is the lga1151 chipset. My power supply is also 550w bronze.

Solution
Are these the specs to your prebuilt? It shows up as 500W, not 550W. You will need to specify the make and model of the PSU and it's age. If you're unsure, pass on a picture f the sticker on the PSU's side. Prior to the RX580, what did you have in it? Did you uninstall your previous GPU's drivers before adding the AMD card in? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

chrollo2k16

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019

The prebuilt contained an i5-7400, the motherboard i stated earlier, 12gb of 2400mhz ddr4 ram, an asus gtx 1050 and a non branded 350w. I upgraded some of the parts such as the case and power supply. The power supply is from corsair and its a 550w bronze, the case is the meshify c from fractal. Prior to the rx 580, i used the gtx 1050. I already uninstalled the nvidia drivers using ddu. I haven't tried updating my bios yet but i suspect that might be the problem.

chrollo2k16

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019

Thank you! i updated the bios and everything seems to be working all good now!