[SOLVED] Graphics Card Size & Compatibility

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
I am buying GTX 960 2gb. Will it fit on my motherboard as well as will my board support it ? My board is Esonic H61FEL3.
Thanks.

Solution
Any PCI-Ex16 graphics card will physically fit with your motherboard's PCI-Ex16 expansion slot. The GTX 960 should not have any compatibility issues with your motherboard/processor. Do you have the power supply necessary to power the graphics card?

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Any PCI-Ex16 graphics card will physically fit with your motherboard's PCI-Ex16 expansion slot. The GTX 960 should not have any compatibility issues with your motherboard/processor. Do you have the power supply necessary to power the graphics card?

-Wolf sends

Solution

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018

-Wolf sends

I currently have 450 W power supply will it be sufficient ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Older, no name mobo's like this might not actually be compatible with that gpu. GTX 700 series and some Radeon R9 gpus might be as far as the bios on that board will recognize.
Does your motherboard boast a UEFI bios, or is it Legacy only? If it's legacy only, the card likely won't work.

Are you able to update the bios?

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Older, no name mobo's like this might not actually be compatible with that gpu. GTX 700 series and some Radeon R9 gpus might be as far as the bios on that board will recognize.
Does your motherboard boast a UEFI bios, or is it Legacy only? If it's legacy only, the card likely won't work.

Are you able to update the bios?

I have to check whether my board is UEFI bios or Legacy one.
Regarding, Are you able to update the bios? Do you mean like normal windows update ?

ashishgnr4

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
No, not Windows Update. Bios updates through Esonic themselves.

This is my motherboard below. It has bios updates available:

Newer graphics cards require mobos with a UEFI bios or they won't work. Nvidia's GTX 700 series is the most recent group that still ran with Legacy bioses.

So while going through the sys config by board bios says UEFI. I am still unsure about bios update however.

TRENDING THREADS