Graphics card slot

Murukesh

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hello,
I bought an Asus HD 5450 silent 1 gb ddr3 graphics card.I don't know which is the slot to install it.My motherboard is Asus P5kpl-am.OS is windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.I see 2 white slots and 1 blue slot.Please tell the right slot to install it.I don't know wll about computer hardware.

Solution
I had to consult the manual for your motherboard, but at least it allowed me to pick up such sage advice as "don't eat the thermal paste"...

I believe it's in "Advanced" -> "Chipset", the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" option. My guess is it's set to "IGD" (Integrated Graphics Device), and needs to be changed to "PEG/IGD", with PEG being your PCI-Express Graphics card. This setting keeps your integrated graphics as a backup just in case, unlike the "PEG/PCI" setting.

Murukesh

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I tried the blue slot.its fits in there.But my computer doesn't detect it.I installed vga driver and still it won't detect it.It says 'cannot find graphics card information'.Please help.

I had to consult the manual for your motherboard, but at least it allowed me to pick up such sage advice as "don't eat the thermal paste"...

I believe it's in "Advanced" -> "Chipset", the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" option. My guess is it's set to "IGD" (Integrated Graphics Device), and needs to be changed to "PEG/IGD", with PEG being your PCI-Express Graphics card. This setting keeps your integrated graphics as a backup just in case, unlike the "PEG/PCI" setting.

Solution

Murukesh

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I tried all options and none of those works.Now the main problem is my pc doesn't detect my old graphics card,Intel G41 chipset.So none of my graphics cards work now.I selected IGD,PEG/IGD,PCI.... then my monitor doesn't get any signal.I removed asus graphics card then it works,but it doesn't detect my old graphics card and now my monitor got a blue tint screen!Device Manager says about my intel graphics card-'Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)'i don't know what to do :( Please help!

That's odd then. You could check whether the ASUS card is malfunctioning if you can test it in another PC.

It could theoretically be your power supply not delivering enough juice, but that just seems unlikely with a card like that (it's on the low end and uses very little power compared to the stuff most people here on Tom's have).

Murukesh

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for your replies.Finally my computer detects my asus graphics card but,It still got the blue tint screen and this message on it's properties-''Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged,or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52).'I don't know what to do.Do you need any information about my power supply?

Murukesh

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks.Finally I installed graphics card and it works perfectly.The blue tint screen remains but I found what's the reason for that.My vga connector damaged while I removed it.I just replaced it and it's over.Thanks for the replies.