Question graphics card stop working after few minutes

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
i have ran into one problem need support regarding the same.

When System starts it displays for a few minutes and the display turns black, all the system fan keeps spinning but the system doesn't start.

When started in Safe mode it work fine, and if changed to normal mode the fans of graphic card wont spin. if any task is started the display turns off.

I have checked my motherboard and PSU, those seems to not having any issue.

My system as below

1. Processor - AMD ryzen 5 3600
2.Motherboard - Gigabyte x570 UD.R1
3. GPU - GALAX RTX 2060
4.RAM - GSKILL 2X8GB, 3200MHZ
5. PSU - GIGABYTE 750WATTS

ttower2020

Respectable
Nov 5, 2018
It sounds like the GPU is having issues. First step is to reinstall the display drivers from the Nvidia website. See if that does anything, if not try using DDU to completely uninstall the drivers, then install the new ones again. Also check the temps under load. You said it idles around 45C, which is normal, but under load is the real tell. If the temps spike super high, like 85-90C or more, you could have a cooling issue related to the fans themselves, and the GPU is shutting itself down to avoid permanent damage.

DSzymborski

Titan

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
It sounds like the GPU is having issues. First step is to reinstall the display drivers from the Nvidia website. See if that does anything, if not try using DDU to completely uninstall the drivers, then install the new ones again. Also check the temps under load. You said it idles around 45C, which is normal, but under load is the real tell. If the temps spike super high, like 85-90C or more, you could have a cooling issue related to the fans themselves, and the GPU is shutting itself down to avoid permanent damage.
I just uninstalled Driver with DDU, did work for some time but the GPU was not detected.

Eventually gave black screen after some time

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
I just checked all my components at gigabyte service center, ran some STRESS test for one hour the PC worked fine.

As soon as I connect it at my home same issue started to raise

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
Well, let us know if you want to diagnose your PC problem at some point.
I don't know what the issue is, it works at service center as soon as I bring it at my home it stops??????

Too confused, can it be that the motherboard may have some issue like works some time

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS