[SOLVED] graphics card stop working after few minutes

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
i have ran into one problem need support regarding the same.

When System starts it displays for a few minutes and the display turns black, all the system fan keeps spinning but the system doesn't start.

When started in Safe mode it work fine, and if changed to normal mode the fans of graphic card wont spin. if any task is started the display turns off.

I have checked my motherboard and PSU, those seems to not having any issue.

My system as below

1. Processor - AMD ryzen 5 3600
2.Motherboard - Gigabyte x570 UD.R1
3. GPU - GALAX RTX 2060
4.RAM - GSKILL 2X8GB, 3200MHZ
5. PSU - GIGABYTE 750WATTS

Solution
It sounds like the GPU is having issues. First step is to reinstall the display drivers from the Nvidia website. See if that does anything, if not try using DDU to completely uninstall the drivers, then install the new ones again. Also check the temps under load. You said it idles around 45C, which is normal, but under load is the real tell. If the temps spike super high, like 85-90C or more, you could have a cooling issue related to the fans themselves, and the GPU is shutting itself down to avoid permanent damage.
It sounds like the GPU is having issues. First step is to reinstall the display drivers from the Nvidia website. See if that does anything, if not try using DDU to completely uninstall the drivers, then install the new ones again. Also check the temps under load. You said it idles around 45C, which is normal, but under load is the real tell. If the temps spike super high, like 85-90C or more, you could have a cooling issue related to the fans themselves, and the GPU is shutting itself down to avoid permanent damage.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Reactions: pf100

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
I just uninstalled Driver with DDU, did work for some time but the GPU was not detected.

Eventually gave black screen after some time

kbnana

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
I just checked all my components at gigabyte service center, ran some STRESS test for one hour the PC worked fine.

As soon as I connect it at my home same issue started to raise

I just realized you never got a good answer. I do not know if you are still struggling with this, but here are a few things
First off, if it always works at the service shop, and never at your home, what changes at the service shop? Probably the normal stuff listed below, but what else maybe?
  • Monitor
  • Display Cable
  • PSU Cable
  • Mouse/Keyboard
  • Internet
  • Wall Power
Checking if the monitor/cables/mouse/keyboard are the issue just involves trying to use a different one instead. Another monitor, new cables, different mouse/keyboard.

I do not suspect the internet has anything to do with it. To check just unplug Ethernet, or dont connect to WiFi.

Wall power is hard. I mention it, because you do not have a good PSU, as mentioned above, it would be best to replace it with a high quality unit. A good PSU can filter bad power from your wall outlet, and help the PC run better. If your house/one outlet specifically are not sending clean power to the computer, it can cause a number of issues. I have slightly dirty wall power, and it has caused the death of two lower quality PSUs, with semi-frequent random BSODs and Freezing in the meantime. I now use a better PSU, and I have a Power Conditioner/Surge Protector that I plug my PC into. No issues yet. If this was the case, then the service shop you go to would likely have cleaner power, allowing the PC to run better. It may be a stretch for your issue, I suspect something else, but it is a possibility worth considering if all else fails.