Graphics card stopped responding

Jan 18, 2019
One night I was playing some games, then suddenly the monitor stopped getting signal. I plugged out my HDMI cable from the GPU outlet and put it in the motherboard, the screen lit on again, but now I only had Intel HD graphics, with no Nvidia Controlpanel to be seen. This has been like this for over a month now.

The CPU and motherboard works fine, I opened the PC and found all cables sitting intact, no noticeable dust clouds laying around, I replugged the GPU, and plugged in the HDMI cable back to it, but still no signal. I didn't see anything burnt either, and the computer also does not emit such a smell. I used the program DriverEasy to check the components and it said that the GPU was unplugged from the PC. I went to "System" and it too did not display the GPU.
Basically the CPU port works but the GPU HDMI port does not.

I'm starting to think that it's busted.

Additional important information:
PC: ASUS G20AJ
CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 3.2GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 750

If you need any additional information please ask.

Jan 18, 2019

The motherboard I have is the "H97-I G20AJ DP_MB" which only contains one x16 slot, along with the mini PCI-e, which is pretty much useless in my case. I replugged the graphics card and checked carefully so that it was connected with the slot correctly, still no progress.

TRENDING THREADS