[SOLVED] Graphics card stopped working after cleaning it ?

Jul 8, 2021
I recently removed my GPU to clean it and then I reinstalled it. After I did this, I believe it has either stopped working completely or it’s not working as it used to. I used to be able to run games like Rust, PUBG, CSGO easily and now it has problems even loading a webpage. What might have caused this and how can I fix it?

Solution
I disassembled it and then used a small duster to get rid of the dust before I reassembled it.

Using a duster cloth was very unwise as they are well-known to generate static electricity which can be fatal to PC components.
An air-duster is the usual method. Not saying the cloth has definitley damaged the card, bit it's certainly possible.
I disassembled it and then used a small duster to get rid of the dust before I reassembled it.

Using a duster cloth was very unwise as they are well-known to generate static electricity which can be fatal to PC components.
An air-duster is the usual method. Not saying the cloth has definitley damaged the card, bit it's certainly possible.

Reactions: exvilness
Solution
Jul 8, 2021
I assume you dismantled it? Remove the heat sink? Did you replace the thermal paste afterwards?
Yes I put on the thermal paste before I put it back together
Ah dang. That may be it. Thanks man, good to know for the future