Question Graphics card stuck in motherboard! Please help!

Apr 16, 2019
So my PC wasn’t booting up and I thought I plugged in some things wrong that were under the graphics card. I decided to try to pull my graphics card out and forgot to hold down the clip. I pulled forcefully (smh I’m an idiot) and now some of the pins are out and a few are still in and the graphics card is still clipped in. I tried getting it back to fully in but that wouldn’t work. I tried to pull it out and it was still stuck. The clip also won’t budge. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SOLVED: I ended up applying pressure on the clip and broke it off, and I successfully removed the graphics card. The clip is only to hold the graphics card in, correct?If I screw the graphics card into the case then will the clip not be necessary?

Last edited:
It looks like you might have damaged the PCI-E slot. Which MOBO are you having ? Does the board contain any spare PCI-e slot ? You shouldn't have pulled the GPU in the first place. If somehow you can manage to pull out the GPU slowly from the slot, without damaging any other component on your motherboard, then it would be nice.

Though to what extent is the GPU stuck on the slot ?