[SOLVED] Graphics Card Suddenly Slow

Aug 6, 2019
My computer used to play my games (like Overwatch) easily at over 60 fps now it lags and is at around 20 fps just in the main menu screen. The lag begins as soon as any 3d graphics show up on screen and my 1070ti was much lower than normal 1070ti when I ran a benchmark test after the problem occurred. This change actually happened mid-game 2 days ago, while I was playing Monster Hunter World the fps suddenly dropped from 60 fps to less than 10 fps and now all of my games are lagging.

The temperature of my graphics card is below 40 C while this is happening so I don't think it has to do with overheating and I tried updating drivers but it had no effect. I am now clueless as to why my gpu suddenly got much worse.

Here is the rest of my system information:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-core
RAM: 16 GB dd4
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1070ti (Zotac)

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Solution
My PSU is the Seasonic Focus + Gold (750 w) and msi afterburner only says gpu is running at 139 MHz. I moved the graphics card to the other PCIe slot to see if it would do anything and noticed some gunk inside of the card itself could that be slowing it down without completely breaking it?
your gpu is crashing for some reason. use DDU to uninstall drivers and do a clean install again. then restart your pc and tell us the results.
Feb 23, 2019
I'm facing problem similar to this which I was running CS:GO on 300+ fps high settings now suddenly can't pass 130 fps with the same settings and everything!
Not only CS:GO that facing that fps problem most of the games too..

Aug 6, 2019
My computer used to play my games (like Overwatch) easily at over 60 fps now it lags and is at around 20 fps just in the main menu screen. The lag begins as soon as any 3d graphics show up on screen and my 1070ti was much lower than normal 1070ti when I ran a benchmark test after the problem occurred. This change actually happened mid-game 2 days ago, while I was playing Monster Hunter World the fps suddenly dropped from 60 fps to less than 10 fps and now all of my games are lagging.

The temperature of my graphics card is below 40 C while this is happening so I don't think it has to do with overheating and I tried updating drivers but it had no effect. I am now clueless as to why my gpu suddenly got much worse.

Here is the rest of my system information:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-core
RAM: 16 GB dd4
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1070ti (Zotac)

Any help is appreciated thanks!

It sounds like your pc is choosing to run games off of your cpu graphics instead of the gpu. However if true i have no idea how to fix it... maybe look in your bios settings and see if your pci slot is turned off. If you cant find a solution there than i have no other ideas at the moment

Aug 6, 2019
My PSU is the Seasonic Focus + Gold (750 w) and msi afterburner only says gpu is running at 139 MHz. I moved the graphics card to the other PCIe slot to see if it would do anything and noticed some gunk inside of the card itself could that be slowing it down without completely breaking it?

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
your gpu is crashing for some reason. use DDU to uninstall drivers and do a clean install again. then restart your pc and tell us the results.

Solution
Aug 6, 2019
So I decided to investigate the gunk inside of my graphics card more... I took the pcb board off of the fan and discovered some wet food that had somehow made it onto the pcb and dried on. After about half an hour of carefully scraping it all off and putting the card back together the problem is actually fixed. Turns out getting food inside of your graphics card is not good for it.

Reactions: lynx1021
So I decided to investigate the gunk inside of my graphics card more... I took the pcb board off of the fan and discovered some wet food that had somehow made it onto the pcb and dried on. After about half an hour of carefully scraping it all off and putting the card back together the problem is actually fixed. Turns out getting food inside of your graphics card is not good for it.
vertder-ferk-menegenerator-nie-indeed-kittykat-29972876.png

Some days my head hurts just contemplating how stuff happens to some people.