Graphics Card Suddenly Speeds Up

RYWB

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
So recently, my GPU sped up for no apparent reason, I wasn't playing or doing anything that would require really any power from my graphics card besides displaying my screen, and then all of a sudden, it just starts speeding up for no reason, it was at 24 degrees C. and then it went down to 32 Degrees C. So it didn't require any fans to be running in the first place, I have a Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB. If this has happened to you with an AMD or just any graphics card you've had at all, please let me know, A simple restart fixed it, but I want to know if it may happen again, because it scared the living balls out of me.. Lol.

Solution
AVG may not detect it as anything other than a legitimate program. Sometimes bots are installed as add-ons to otherwise seemingly legit programs (only disclosed in the fine print of the EULA, if at all) but that would be a good start IMO. Again though, it may not be the case that you've got a bot, just one possibility.

RYWB

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

Okay, I will, thanks for the help. I'm running a few scans. I have the free version of AVG. Would AVG Detect this?

AVG may not detect it as anything other than a legitimate program. Sometimes bots are installed as add-ons to otherwise seemingly legit programs (only disclosed in the fine print of the EULA, if at all) but that would be a good start IMO. Again though, it may not be the case that you've got a bot, just one possibility.

Solution