[SOLVED] Graphics card suddenly stopped working

Oct 28, 2019
Today I was playing a game, when the computer suddenly turned off. It automatically rebooted however there was no display, so I turned it off and put the DVI cable into the onboard graphics and the display then started working.
The fans on the GPU still run, and since then I have tried unplugging and plugging it back in, changing its PCIe slot, and reinstalling drivers, none of which have worked. It is a GTX 980 that I've had for just under 4 years now. I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with the power supply, which is a Corsair RM650i.

Solution
If you haven't had any other incidents to the computer, then from what you describe here does strongly indicate that the GPU itself are defect.

You could try the GPU in another computer just to check, but you would probably get the same result.

Or - it doesn't hurt to check the integrity of RAM, using Memtest86+.
If you haven't had any other incidents to the computer, then from what you describe here does strongly indicate that the GPU itself are defect.

You could try the GPU in another computer just to check, but you would probably get the same result.

Or - it doesn't hurt to check the integrity of RAM, using Memtest86+.

Solution