[SOLVED] Graphics Card Suggestions for my upcoming new PC build

CorpRebel

Reputable
Jul 20, 2020
OK... Within the next 2 weeks I'm about to attempt my first PC build since I built a Pentium 486DX PC about 25 years (?) ago. heh heh

The only thing I haven't really figured out yet is what graphics card I should get that would fit in with the "build" listed below.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I do use programs like Adobe Suite and some other audio/video related things. So I'd like to ask for recommendations for a good medium-priced card (under $200). AND what vendors are usually solid (msi, gigabyte, etc.)?

Also... will my potential power supply listed below be adequate for this and any possible graphics upgrades in the future. I can look to upgrade a bit later if really needed, but want to keep the cost down for right now.

Potential Build...
Case:
Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black
MB: GIGABYTE GA-B250-HD3 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel B250 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX
CPU: Intel Core I7-6700 FC-LGA14C 3.40 GHz 8 M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151 BX80662I76700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz (PC4-17000) C13 Memory Kit - Black
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch (ST2000DM008)
SSD: ???
Graphics: ???
Monitors: Dual Dell ST 2310 24" (1 HDMI, 1 DVI, 1 VGA Connector)
PS: Corsair CX Series 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply (CP-9020103-NA)

Thanks!

CR

Solution
I'd recommend the GTX 1650 Super. It's about $200 and it'll be solid for what you want to do. I'd recommend against the EVGA version; the cooler is loud and not as effective as others; ask me how I know. I'd personally recommend the MSI version.

The power supply looks pretty good and should work good for more powerful GPUs in the future, but I'd get a gold-certified version. They're not a lot more expensive and it'll save you electricity long-term.
I'd recommend the GTX 1650 Super. It's about $200 and it'll be solid for what you want to do. I'd recommend against the EVGA version; the cooler is loud and not as effective as others; ask me how I know. I'd personally recommend the MSI version.

The power supply looks pretty good and should work good for more powerful GPUs in the future, but I'd get a gold-certified version. They're not a lot more expensive and it'll save you electricity long-term.

Solution

CorpRebel

Reputable
Jul 20, 2020

KOOL!! Thanks for the suggestions. I now see it on NewEgg for $170.00. Less expensive than the "NON-Super" version ($178.00) too. Think I'll go ahead and put that into the shopping cart while the "getting is good". heh heh

And per your point about the power supply... yeah, the gold cert one is only $15 more, so I'll get that since I'm saving about $30 buying the MSI GTX 1650 Super because of my expectation of about $200 for the card.

Thanks again for your suggestions!🆒

Rock On!

CR

TRENDING THREADS