Graphics Card Temperatures

xRorz

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
I have an Nvidia GeForce 770 and it was getting to about 60C so i installed MSI afterburner. I turned the fans up on it to 80% and it is at about 29C idle and a bit above 60 when playing games. Is 60 a safe temperature? and is it bad that i have the fans on the graphics card so high?

xRorz

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013

How do i let ut auto adjust?

KryssNova

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
If you don't have any problem with it being loud cause of fans, then no problem.
After all fans are supposed to be used when needed. Though running fans constantly at high speeds, uses their bearing and therefore shorten the fans life spawn duration.
The thing is, that there is a system on those cards, that automatically OC them, if your temps let you too (to a certain point).

Beyond the point, my personal storry:
My Asus 770 DCII OC'ed by itself to 1.2GHZ by itself, cause I was running between 40-46 degrees, so it had lot spare room.
I got pissed off, and just OC'ed it myself to 1.2GHZ, and it was running at still at 46-52 degrees, so it OC'ed itself to 1.3GHZ while in game and now it runs up to 55-60 degrees on full load. But I get lot more frames.

Continue:
There is a setting that let's it OC by certain amount, even if you would still have spare room.
Then if you OC yourself and still have spare-room it can still OC itself....
So don't worry about the temps, and in 60's is still very low temps, you only should start worry after 75 mark.

(also people would think I'm running water cooling with those temps, while I'm actually air-cooling, 4x 200mm fans and 4x 120mm fans and Tower Case, Phantom 630 FTW).