Graphics Card Too Hot at Idle

ipatel3014

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I have a dell prebuilt PC. Dell inspiration 5675. The idle temps on the rx 570 are around 65C. Under load it gets to 80. I even opened the case to see if there was enough room for the gpu, and there is. The GPU has one fan. I believe its the reference card. Someone please help me. I also reverted my graphics drivers.

Update: I went into the amd wattman utility and changed the target temp to 65 and max temp to 75. I did not overclock anything, but only changed the temps. Would that affect the GPU life span. I don't care about the noise really.

Solution
You should make sure all the fans are installed in the proper direction (blowing out the back) including the one inside the PSU. You might try an expansion slot blower. Antec makes one. This could pull cool air in from the front across the GPU fan. You can take them apart and turn the fan intake to either side as needed.
You should make sure all the fans are installed in the proper direction (blowing out the back) including the one inside the PSU. You might try an expansion slot blower. Antec makes one. This could pull cool air in from the front across the GPU fan. You can take them apart and turn the fan intake to either side as needed.

Solution