Question Graphics card turning off when in game (screen says there's no signal) ?

Jan 20, 2023
Just bought a used gtx 580 for 35bucks they said its working great but it needs 600w min so i used 2 x 400w power supplies (one for gpu, the other for cpu motherboard etc).
It's showing normal temperatures but when I'm in game it just turns off my power supply. Sometimes it will just get low frames, like i get 60fps normal in BF1 but sometimes i only get around 20fps, like what is happening ?

pls help tried using the other power supply for the gpu no help ty

My cpu is i5 3470s and im using 126gb ssd 500gb hdd and motherboard is dell idk

I even tried deoverclocking my gpu in msi afterburner.

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Just bought a used gtx 580 for 35bucks they said its working great but it needs 600w min so i used 2 x 400w power supplies (one for gpu, the other for cpu motherboard etc).
It's showing normal temperatures but when I'm in game it just turns off my power supply. Sometimes it will just get low frames, like i get 60fps normal in BF1 but sometimes i only get around 20fps, like what is happening ?

I've seen a lot of bizarre things but connecting two power supplies separately to the components I swear this is the first time I've read this.
A 600 watt power supply for this system would only reach a good 550W PSU that delivers around 400w at 12v easily, but as it turns out to be much more expensive to buy a good 550W power supply that delivers these values, it is better to buy a power supply of 650w that is good to deliver the 400W for the entire system ( Full Stress )

I never got to do these rather dubious experiences, what I really advised was to get a good PSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022

Try using the Passmark benchmark to verify that it has not been used for mining.

ak195

Distinguished
I just read another thread and a person used two PSUs and getting issue.
Better not to do that, and buy a single good PSU like th3reaper mentioned .
If still the issue is same then what you mentioned is sign of defective GPU
, because of overclocking and specially mining those GPU behaves like that and dead early.