Question Graphics card turns on, no display.

Mar 24, 2019
specs

CPU:: I7 3770 3.40 GHz
Motherboard: Aspire MC605
Ram: Normal 6GB
SSD/HDD: 1 TB
GPU (the one that I have the problem with) GTX 570
GPU (the old one) GT 620
PSU: INSIGNIA 525 watts (BRAND NEW)
Chassis: Aspire TC
Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM

Problem:

GPU turns on but does not display anything just a black screen, but it gives me the option to select the HDMI option, meaning the pc detects the GPU but just doesn't display anything.

What I Have Tried Doing:

1. placing it properly in properly, have done that at least 20 times

2. Check If the two 6 pin connectors are plucked in

3. turn off secure boot in bios

4. using a different HDMI cable/ different monitor (even though it works on everything i have used it on)

5. Deleted the old GPU drivers and rebooted into safe mode, with DDU.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? You should ideally uninstall older GPU drivers, as opposed to deleting them.

PSU is brand new and what is the difference between uninstalling and deleting Drivers, I just used DDU and followed a tutorial

Mar 23, 2019
I only have one monitor, I just tested out my new GPU at a friends house with his monitor
if it did work there, the GPU is for sure not defect and you should ensure to have the newest drivers for your motherboard and components installed.

you can boot your pc with both graphic cards installed and open dxdiag/cpu-z and check if it will display your gtx570 at the graphics/display tab there and then install all drivers for the new card.

Checking your BIOS graphic settings would also be great, especially you should look out for the "multi-display" option and make sure it is enabled. by default it's often configured for single-monitor use.

Edit: if you dont have the access to boot from a TV/second monitor you can ignore the multi-display ofc; connect your display on your motherboard, open device manager/display adapters to install drivers or download manually from nvidia homepage. go to BIOS and make sure you boot from your graphics card and not your onboard chip.

greets

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
[/QUOTE]
if it did work there, the GPU is for sure not defect and you should ensure to have the newest drivers for your motherboard and components installed.

you can boot your pc with both graphic cards installed and open dxdiag/cpu-z and check if it will display your gtx570 at the graphics/display tab there and then install all drivers for the new card.

Checking your BIOS graphic settings would also be great, especially you should look out for the "multi-display" option and make sure it is enabled. by default it's often configured for single-monitor use.

Edit: if you dont have the access to boot from a TV/second monitor you can ignore the multi-display ofc; connect your display on your motherboard, open device manager/display adapters to install drivers or download manually from nvidia homepage. go to BIOS and make sure you boot from your graphics card and not your onboard chip.

greets

I only have one PCI-e slot available in my motherboard. Plus I only have 1 monitor but I have a smart tv if that can come in useful.

EDIT: I'm having problems with updating my Bios, I know it's NOT up to date. The problem is when I was trying to update my bios(on Asus Drivers and Manuals), it didn't give me the option to select Windows 10, it only gave me the option to select Windows 8 and 8.1

Should I try downgrading my pc to a windows 8.1 but I don't want to waste my time deleting all my apps/games just for it not to work

And when I said I went to my friend's house to test it out with his monitor, I still used my pc not this because he didn't have one.

Thank you for helping. Really appreciate it

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
[/QUOTE]
make sure everything is wired correctly inside ur PC.

link to remove old nVidia drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html
link to download nVidia drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

good luck fixing.

Greets

I think I have already uninstalled them with DDU before putting my GPU in and I'm pretty sure everything is wired correctly in my pc since when I run my pc on my old GPU is works, but I'm not sure if I have to wire other stuff when installing new-ish components

Mar 24, 2019