Graphics card upgrade for Inspiron 580

rhherron03

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card (if possible) as I figure it'll be cheaper than buying a newer PC at the moment (almost broke college student). I've read that I'll probably have to replace my PSU and that's fine, but I was looking for something stronger than a GeForce GT 430. I saw a youtube video of someone putting an EVGA GTX 750 TI into it and it working. I was wondering if that would be a possible solution.

Edit: after looking at the insides. I see that I need a PCIe 2.0, I guess short(one fan I believe, not a lot of space in this case) card, and supported by 300w. Is there a place where I can put in these requirements and find results I'm looking for?

Solution
If you have the mini tower and not the desktop or small form factor model, you can use the GTX 750 Ti with your current PSU. You may even be able to use a GTX 1050 Ti if you get one that needs no 6-pin.
Post a pic of the nameplate on the PSU.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you have the mini tower and not the desktop or small form factor model, you can use the GTX 750 Ti with your current PSU. You may even be able to use a GTX 1050 Ti if you get one that needs no 6-pin.
Post a pic of the nameplate on the PSU.

Solution