Graphics Card Upgrade - Motherboard Splashscreen loads, but stays on Black Screen

Oct 23, 2018
I am in the process of installing a new graphics card (EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 SC) and I am upgrading from the AMD Radeon HD 7850. When I power on the PC to install the new drivers, the Motherboard splash screen loads and after a minute or two will go to a black screen, never booting to Windows 10. I'm unable to access the BIOS menu or any other options from the splash screen.

I've successfully removed the old drivers (using DDU) and I believe the graphics card is installed correctly, as the fan turns on for 20-30 seconds when I turn the power-on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! My specs are below:

CPU: Intel - Core i5-2500K 3.3Ghz Quad-Core Processor
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-P75-D3
Power Supply: OCZ - ModXStream Pro 700W 80+ Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
OLD Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7850 2GB

Solution
It might be bios related. I believe your bios has a 'pci rom priority' option in 'bios features'. You can choose from 'legacy' or 'EFI'. Whichever version it's on now, switch to the other one and see if that allows the card to work.
Oct 23, 2018

Thanks for the input. Please be patient with me as I am still a novice. How would I find those BIOS options? Would I insert my old graphics card and access the BIOS menu from the Moba Splashscreen?