[SOLVED] Graphics card upgrade question

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Hello! I am thinking of buying a 1660 ti. Do I have to uninstall my graphics driver first? Or do I have to install it first then uninstall it? Also, what do I use for uninstalling my drivers?

Best regards,
Nonkii

Solution
Hi, sorry for late response. Thanks for letting me know, I am also wondering if there is a way to uninstall the drivers without using a 3rd party program.

Best regards,
Nonkii
Well yes you can just uninstall your drivers through control panel but that will not completely uninstall the drivers which is dumb, i know but as far as i know there is no better way to clean your drivers than with DDU.

I would still strongly recommend for you to use DDU as that is the superior option and very easy to do and will eliminate possible future problems you might have with your drivers.

Don't know how to use it? Check out this tutorial.
Last edited:

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Recommend to uninstall the old gpu driver with your old GPU first.

You can use the "DDU" to uninstall the driver first, then shut down the PC, switch to the new GPU ( gtx1660ti ), then install the new gpu driver.
DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

One more, if you can find the 1660 super, may consider to buy it. More info: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-nvidia-geforce-gtx_1660_super-sc-ultra
Hi, sorry for late response. Thanks for letting me know, I am also wondering if there is a way to uninstall the drivers without using a 3rd party program.

Best regards,
Nonkii

Best regards,
Nonkii
Well yes you can just uninstall your drivers through control panel but that will not completely uninstall the drivers which is dumb, i know but as far as i know there is no better way to clean your drivers than with DDU.

I would still strongly recommend for you to use DDU as that is the superior option and very easy to do and will eliminate possible future problems you might have with your drivers.

Reactions: Nonkii
Solution

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019

I see. Thank you!