Graphics card upgrade to GTX 1030 or ?

seibold.jeff

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
How much better will a GTX 1030 be than my present R7 240 graphics card. I have a cyberpower PC GUA3100A with 8GB DDR3 and a AMD FX 4300 processor. My goal is to run ARK on high settings. Streaming is also desired.

Solution
Ark is tough to run as it is, then to stream it...on high settings...with an FX 4300...and a GT 1030? To stream you need enough CPU power to run the game to your standard, ie 60fps at high settings, AND still have CPU power left over to handle the streaming portion of the job.

In your case, maybe at 720p and maybe at low/medium settings and maybe streaming at a lower resolution might make your ARK plans possible. I recommend picking a less demanding game with your setup if you want to get into streaming. Also, look into what program you'll use for streaming, some are more demanding on your CPU than others.
Ark is tough to run as it is, then to stream it...on high settings...with an FX 4300...and a GT 1030? To stream you need enough CPU power to run the game to your standard, ie 60fps at high settings, AND still have CPU power left over to handle the streaming portion of the job.

In your case, maybe at 720p and maybe at low/medium settings and maybe streaming at a lower resolution might make your ARK plans possible. I recommend picking a less demanding game with your setup if you want to get into streaming. Also, look into what program you'll use for streaming, some are more demanding on your CPU than others.

Solution