Question graphics card upgrade

Jan 11, 2023
hi i'm currently wanting to upgrade my gpu i have a intel i7 2600 sff with a gtx 1050 ti oc card 16gb ram..ould like a 6gb gpu any ideas? any help would be appreciated also what is the cheapest pc i can get with avx2 support?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A small form factor, if a prebuilt, makes a significant upgrade extremely difficult; you'll need to give further details about sizing and whether you can use a double-slot GPU.

There are very few low power GPUs in the recent generations. And why specifically 6 GB of VRAM? That's going to be difficult as well as most options for a prebuilt are 4 GB of VRAM. You'd also need specific PSU information.

Why specifically AVX2? This would be supported by anything since Haswell CPUs for Intel and all Zen CPUs (and Excavator before Zen, but buying a pre-Zen APU isn't an upgrade).

Basically, a lot more information is needed, including budget.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
I suggest an Asus RTX 3050. It has 8 GB vram, and stronger than a 1050ti.

not sure if it would fit into your case though.. it's a tall gpu. Also needs two slots.

and you need a 550 watt PSU of good brand.

Jan 11, 2023
so it's a no then, avx2 is so i can play uncharted...so what recommendations for a pc that would take a double slot gpu would u recommend? not that pc savvy so ur advise is extremely appreciated budget is flexible as can save but bottom end looking to get 8gb gpu eventually obs for better graphics and fps thanks guys for getting back so quick