Question Graphics card water blocks

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
I recently just bought a inno3d rtx 2070 Supre twin X2 oc and I have a custom water cooling loop and I have bought a Corsair xg7 realising they aren't compatible is there a block that is compatible with this card ??

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Ah, if there was one thing I can't stress enough, it is to make sure you don't fall into the abysmal trap from the joys of buying GPUs before researching waterblock compatibility.

The best way to avoid this is to research the GPU and blocks you are looking at before purchasing the card outright. This is the best method to know you have a card which can have a block installed.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Ah, if there was one thing I can't stress enough, it is to make sure you don't fall into the abysmal trap from the joys of buying GPUs before researching waterblock compatibility.

The best way to avoid this is to research the GPU and blocks you are looking at before purchasing the card outright. This is the best method to know you have a card which can have a block installed.
I did that but everywhere I looked it said they were both compatible with each other but when I tried putting them together they obviously aren't I want to know is there a water block out there made for this gpu

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Where is everywhere?
I just checked on Corsair's website for XG7 compatibility, and after entering the exact model you posted, it says it's not compatible.

This Watercool compatibility chart I've bookmarked says your card follows the RTX 2080 Reference PCB design. Shouldn't be hard at all to find; reference PCB waterblocks are aplenty.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...U-Water-Block-(2080-FE-Rev-B)/p/CX-9020009-WW this is the block that said it was compatible with the card I have and the one I bought but does not fit

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Yes, that block should be compatible with Inno3D's Twin X2.

You're sure you have CX-9020009-WW, and not something like 9020006, instead?
100% I just looked at the code on the back and it's the CX-9020009-WW

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If the card is reference PCB, then most of the blocks should fit assuming 100% accuracy of reference spec.

When you are saying 'they don't fit together', where are you having issues with fitment? What is causing the problem....is it easily seen?

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
If the card is reference PCB, then most of the blocks should fit assuming 100% accuracy of reference spec.

When you are saying 'they don't fit together', where are you having issues with fitment? What is causing the problem....is it easily seen?
I don't have a photo on me right now but it's like the capacitors or something are in the way it won't let the thermal pads contact the chips