Graphics card will not display on monitor / is not detected

BaileyC

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I recently purchased a Geforce GTX 660Ti but after placing it in my computer it would not show anything on the monitor. The monitors light blinks and it does not display a 'check cable' sign or anything. Soon after it did work for some reason and i was able to get in and install my drivers. The next day that i tried to turn my pc on, however, I had the same issue with my monitor. I ran the computer with my monitor plugged in to my motherboard after and was able to access windows. While in windows using my iGPU my computer seems to not recognise my graphics card. Over the next few days my computer has been able to display my graphics card and work perfectly some of the time, seemingly at random, but more frequently it has the same problem. Changing primary display from auto to PCIe doesn't seem to work, and I recently updated my bios which seemed to do nothing either

specs: Asus P8Z77-V LX
Geforce GTX 660Ti
Intel Core i5-2500
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS-550-PCAR-E3 550W

thanks in advance, Bailey

Fox_

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
The GTX 660 Ti needs at least a 450 watt Power supply and 24 amps on the 12 volt rail. Your power supply meats those so it should work, even though that power supply is not a very good one. It has two +12 v rails running at 16A each. Does the problem happen when you are running more graphically demanding applications?

sourodip

Distinguished
though ur psu is weak to handle a 660ti but still it just meet the requirements.Did u plug in your 6-pin connector properly?did u plug in your 4/s pin cpu connector properly?have u seated the gpu properly?and have u tried getting display by your gpu,taking one ram out of the slot?
and when u are using iGPU,comp. wouldn't detect ur discrete gpu because it's display port is plugged in the iGPU and not he discrete one

BaileyC

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

The problem happens at launch before I even hit windows. When it does detect the graphics card (which is rarely at best) I can play games and run applications no problem.

BaileyC

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Turns out the graphics card was just faulty. Got it replaced by the store i bought it at with another 660ti and it's working fine now. Thanks for the responses guys