Question Graphics card with no vga to monitor with only vga

joesheep

Reputable
Jun 10, 2019

joesheep

Reputable
Jun 10, 2019
ok, So my computer recognized the video card, and currently running the video card. But there's a problem, my monitor keeps on showing the "Not optimum mode, recommended mode xxxxxxx". I searched on this, this doesn't mean that my GPU is faster than the monitor. I have a Samsung SF350, a 60hz monitor. It works on everything, except on games. :'( I can watch movies, use browser, type word ppt etc. but cant play any game, cuz it always shows not optimum mode. i also enabled the igpu on my bios setting.

ok, So my computer recognized the video card, and currently running the video card. But there's a problem, my monitor keeps on showing the "Not optimum mode, recommended mode xxxxxxx". I searched on this, this doesn't mean that my GPU is faster than the monitor. I have a Samsung SF350, a 60hz monitor. It works on everything, except on games. :'( I can watch movies, use browser, type word ppt etc. but cant play any game, cuz it always shows not optimum mode. i also enabled the igpu on my bios setting.
That's monitor's function telling you that you can use another, more optimal resolution and frequency. Which resolution are you running ? Note that resolution in games can be different than on desktop. In most games it's adjustable.

Reactions: joesheep

joesheep

Reputable
Jun 10, 2019
thanks for replying, currently the notification showed that most recommended is 1366x768 60hz. which i also did in my setting both nvidia control panel and setting. However, I haven't experienced something like this before i plug the DVI-VGA adaptor. thanks :)

joesheep

Reputable
Jun 10, 2019
btw, using the adaptor, the Nvidia GPU is recognized and used. But without it, Nvidia would not even be utilized. so im guessing that, my monitor can't support the speed of the GTX950, however, i searched on the net, and it doesn't actually matter. Also, when i plugged the adaptor, the screen size was a bit different than the one i didn't plug and option for screen resolution became more, however i still chose the one that was previously used when im not plugged with the GPU which is actually 1366x768.

btw, using the adaptor, the Nvidia GPU is recognized and used. But without it, Nvidia would not even be utilized. so im guessing that, my monitor can't support the speed of the GTX950, however, i searched on the net, and it doesn't actually matter. Also, when i plugged the adaptor, the screen size was a bit different than the one i didn't plug and option for screen resolution became more, however i still chose the one that was previously used when im not plugged with the GPU which is actually 1366x768.
Resolution will be limited either by monitor's highest resolution or GPU's highest resolution whichever is LESS. It also may be limited by monitor's input type. If there's an adapter from one type to another than it will be limited by lesser adapter. For instance, if you were to use adapter from VGA output from GPU to higher one like HDMI, all will be limited to VGA's capabilities.

joesheep

Reputable
Jun 10, 2019
yes, thanks for the valuable input, so how can I fix the problem when running even just league of legends. I can play it with no problem when without the adaptor, but once i connected it, it shows the not optimum setting, how to fix this issue thanks :), cuz i wanted to try out OW which is playable at gtx950, however it is also a fail.

yes, thanks for the valuable input, so how can I fix the problem when running even just league of legends. I can play it with no problem when without the adaptor, but once i connected it, it shows the not optimum setting, how to fix this issue thanks :), cuz i wanted to try out OW which is playable at gtx950, however it is also a fail.
You have to set it in LoL itself to match the monitor's optimum res. There might be a setting in monitor's OSD to turn off that feature. You are probably plying at less than 1366x768.