Question Graphics card wont display, no integrated graphics

fdagbvscvgbfdasg

Commendable
May 16, 2020
Hi,

I recently bought an rtx 2060 to replace my rx 470, along with a new 600 watt powersupply to account for the change.

Issue is, I accidentally forgot to delete my amd drivers before the replacement, then when it didn't display I remembered, powered the machine back down and put in my old rx 470 so I could delete the drivers. Issue is, the old rx 470 (working about 3 hours ago) now doesn't display either. Matter of fact the fans don't even come to life. When the 2060 is in the fans spin, but still no display. Any help would be hugely appreciated. There are no on board graphics with my mobo and cpu combo.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Asus b450m-a
Graphics card company: gigabyte for the 2060, red devil for the 470
Psu: EVGA 600W1

I've checked power connections they're all sound power definitely going to mobo

Thanks again,

Sam

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I recently bought an rtx 2060 to replace my rx 470, along with a new 600 watt powersupply to account for the change.

Issue is, I accidentally forgot to delete my amd drivers before the replacement, then when it didn't display I remembered, powered the machine back down and put in my old rx 470 so I could delete the drivers. Issue is, the old rx 470 (working about 3 hours ago) now doesn't display either. Matter of fact the fans don't even come to life. When the 2060 is in the fans spin, but still no display. Any help would be hugely appreciated. There are no on board graphics with my mobo and cpu combo.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Asus b450m-a
Graphics card company: gigabyte for the 2060, red devil for the 470
Psu: EVGA 600W1

I've checked power connections they're all sound power definitely going to mobo

Thanks again,

Sam
You changed multiple things at once. Since you reverted your graphics card, the other thing is the power supply. You need to check all the power supply connections, plus the front panel connectors to ensure you didn't accidentally disconnect something.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Does the old PSU still work?

I'm definitely frightened about the PSU quality involved here with both of these GPUs. If you're upgrading to a W1, a pretty awful PSU that should not be used with either GPU, I'm very worried about what you were using before.

fdagbvscvgbfdasg

Commendable
May 16, 2020
Does the old PSU still work?

I'm definitely frightened about the PSU quality involved here with both of these GPUs. If you're upgrading to a W1, a pretty awful PSU that should not be used with either GPU, I'm very worried about what you were using before.

I was using a corsair vs 550 before, didn't know there was much of a quality curb with PSUs so I just snapped it up on prime day the other day. Old psu was working this morning so I'll try and plug that one in see if anything changes

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, plug in your old one. It's not intended for an RX 470 or an RTX 2060 -- it's basically for office machines and basic GPUs -- but it's actually the better of the two. The only mitigating factor for the EVGA W1 is that it's not the EVGA N1. Luckily, you should still be in your return window for the new one.

fdagbvscvgbfdasg

Commendable
May 16, 2020
Yeah, plug in your old one. It's not intended for an RX 470 or an RTX 2060 -- it's basically for office machines and basic GPUs -- but it's actually the better of the two. The only mitigating factor for the EVGA W1 is that it's not the EVGA N1. Luckily, you should still be in your return window for the new one.
Plugged in old one to mobo cpu and both gpus, exact same results is it possible this issue could be non gpu/psu related? Do you know of any other issues that could be happening? I gave the ram sticks a bit of fiddle they all seem to be properly and fully in. Could it be my cpu?

fdagbvscvgbfdasg

Commendable
May 16, 2020
You changed multiple things at once. Since you reverted your graphics card, the other thing is the power supply. You need to check all the power supply connections, plus the front panel connectors to ensure you didn't accidentally disconnect something.
Retried with old powersupply and graphics card. Still same effect I'm beginning to think I've accidentally messed with my cpu, tempted to completely rebuild soon

Jul 8, 2022
even if your amd driver is not removed, the 2060 will still be running with a minimum of drivers from windows. and you can still remove the amd driver with 2060 installed using the DDU software. My initial diagnosis might be:
  1. PCIe slot error, try putting your 2 GPUs into another motherboard.
  2. There is a damaged RAM or a damaged slot, try using only one ram. If it still doesn't work, try borrowing another RAM.
  3. Processor is broken
  4. Motherboard is broken
  5. PSU is broken (a bit doubt because it's new)