Graphics Card Won't Display On Monitor?

Saberfied

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
I recently purchased my new computer and i replaced the power supply in it before turning it on. Then I plugged up my monitor to the computer and turned it on. It worked. Then I decided to install my new graphics card too. But when I insert the new graphics card, nothing shows up on the monitor. No display of anything. So I decided to take it back out and put the stock graphics card back in there. But when I do that, nothing shows up on the monitor again. I can't figure out how to fix this. :( please help, thanks.

Solution
with no video card in the system does the onboard video work?? sometimes if there a issue with video cards and mb bios the mb will fall over to the onboard video. if there no onboard video. power off the pc and pull the pull from the wall to drain the mb then clear the cmos. if the video and system posts after that...look to see if there any bios updates for the mb..some mb vendors had to drop updates for the newer gpu out there.

Sunociva

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
What is/are the video cards that you are swapping. Are you plugging in the Aux power connectors, if they require it?

Secondly, i'd make sure that the card is firmly seated in the MB, and that all connections from the monitor to the card are secure.

with no video card in the system does the onboard video work?? sometimes if there a issue with video cards and mb bios the mb will fall over to the onboard video. if there no onboard video. power off the pc and pull the pull from the wall to drain the mb then clear the cmos. if the video and system posts after that...look to see if there any bios updates for the mb..some mb vendors had to drop updates for the newer gpu out there.

Solution