Question Graphics Card Won't Power Up Out of Box

corlenbelspar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2021
I have a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 that was only meant to be an emergency replacement because of my cat managing to puke on the last one while it was on. The PowerColor Fighter AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT arrived in the mail today and it doesn't seem to turn on because I didn't even see the fans spinning. Though I've never had a graphics card that requires its own connector from the PSU, so I'm using the GT again at the moment and maybe I did something wrong?

Last edited:

corlenbelspar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2021
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1064MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4)

I don't know how to include a photo because I only see the option for a URL to an image and it won't accept my Google Drive.

corlenbelspar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2021
Yeah the card should be fine with my setup, at least by available information etc. My PSU isn't modular but it has one more PCIe cable with two plugs and one more molex, or what have you, for drives with two plugs.

Maybe my BIOS settings need changed or I need to do something specific with uninstalling the current graphics card before I try using the new one?

corlenbelspar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2021
Seems I'm a dumbass and hadn't pushed the power cable in fully like I thought I did when I went to unplug it again and realized the clip you have to press wasn't in place. The DDU thing is still something I needed to know, so thanks for helping.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost