Graphics Card Won't S=Display Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeepTheDino

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hello, I am new to Tom's Hardware forums so I assume it works like any other forum so here it goes.

A couple days ago my wireless network card for my desktop stopped working, so I went in and switched it out for a different PCI slot which also made me have to move my graphics card to my PCIe 2.0 x8 instead of my x16 which wasn't really a problem for me.

Today I decided to swap my graphics card and network card back to the way it was originally. So I moved my 6850 to the top PCIe 2.0 x16 slot and moved my network card lower one slot. When I had everything back in and set up and turn on my TV ( Monitor ) and turned on my PC but there was nothing, no display at all.

Now, I have tried seating my card back into the x8 slot and nothing displayed again, I tryed back and forth and nothing is working. I have looked through the forums and no one has the same problem as me. I have also tryed blowing out my PCIe slots and blowing off the pins with canned air and it didn't help anything.

I don't have any onboard graphics from my mobo so I can't acess my bios to change anything and there is really no way something could have changed.

I know this is a long one but I am desperate for help and need it ASAP.

Full Spec :

CPU - FX-4100 @ Stock
Mobo - ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Memory - 2x4GB Corsair Vengence @ 1600
GFX Card - Diamond HD 6850 1GB DDR5
Power Supply - Thermaltake TR2 500W
HDD - 500GB WD Caviar Blue
Network Card - ASUS N53

Any posts are welcome and very much appreciated.

Solution
did you make the mistake of moving the cards with the pc on or with the power connected to the pc. if you did try using the cmos clear jumper then put in only the video card with the power off. make sure if the video card needs power that all the cables are connected. if no video comes up see if a friend has a spare card you can try and try your card in another pc. also make sure there no bent pins on the video cable and that the monitor your using is working.
did you make the mistake of moving the cards with the pc on or with the power connected to the pc. if you did try using the cmos clear jumper then put in only the video card with the power off. make sure if the video card needs power that all the cables are connected. if no video comes up see if a friend has a spare card you can try and try your card in another pc. also make sure there no bent pins on the video cable and that the monitor your using is working.

Solution

TeepTheDino

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

I took out the CMOS battery and then use the CMOS Clear jumper and nothing displayed. I am going over to a friends place tomorrow and I will try his card in my system and mine is his. Thanks for the reply.

TeepTheDino

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Yes I was grounded. I actually fixed it, I am not sure how but it works now. Thanks for all the replies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.