Question Graphics card wont use full power

Jun 28, 2019
i just uppgraded from 760 (OEM 192 bit) to 2060, and the fps is very unstable, i have factory reset the computer 2 times but i didnt get any better preformance

when i play bf5 i have stable 120 fps then it just drops to under 10

Specs

cpu AMD ryzen 2600
gpu rtx 2060
ram 8 Gb 4x2
Storage Toshiba dt01aca100
Mobo ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING

acbel 550W psu,

That's a poor quality PSU. Also, that's not a very reputed PSU brand either. I've read bad things about this PSU. Do NOT use this on any gaming PC. I'm skeptical about the build quality of this unit.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

Jun 28, 2019
That's a poor quality PSU. Also, that's not a very reputed PSU brand either. I've read bad things about this PSU. Do NOT use this on any gaming PC. I'm skeptical about the build quality of this unit.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....
If i buy a new psu should it preform as it should, or is my rig broken

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
BF V is exceptionally poorly optimised even on Xbox One X.
I play on PC and XB1 so will share the tweaks that have finally got my FPS stable without dips.
I have similar hardware to you -
Ryzen 2700X, RTX 2070, 16 GB RAM.

Having 16 GB of RAM definitely makes a difference as I have seen BF V creep up to 10 GB usage on some maps.
Running in dual channel mode is important too i.e. 2 X 8 GB sticks - I see do that already with your 2X4 sticks of RAM by your specs.

Run in DX 11 with Future Frame Rendering on.
DX 12 is a mess for a lot of people even after this week's patch.

Run the free Intelligent Standby List Cleaner and click Start in its window.
This really did help my CPU spikes to smooth out and the consequent frame rate dips.

Use MSI Afterburner and set it up to display your CPU, GPU and RAM usage in the OSD ingame.

In BF V's open the console, press the tile key under ESC on your keyboard, you type perfoverlay.drawgraph 1
This shows CPU and GPU usage with any spikes alongside Afterburner's % usage for RAM, CPU usage etc.

It is an absolute mess of a game in terms of optimisation and the only one that I have to go to these lengths to smooth out!

Last edited: