[SOLVED] Graphics card wont work. No power supply

Nov 24, 2020
I have the Asus ROG strix gl12cp-ds751. I recently purchased the msi gtx 1660 and am trying to put in my pc. Am wondering how it is possible to get it it to work. It came with 2gb 1050 already but it wont run warzone well. Wondering what other parts I need to buy to make my 1660 work.

Solution
I've tried to find the psu specs did everything but completely take it out and ther3w no sticker on it anywhere besides one that jus said the computer name. Also I have no pci. 6 or 8 pin connector coming out of my psu. The only extra cords I have are labeled p3-p7 none are 8 pin

That is very odd for that model and cost of computer not to have PCIe power cables, are you sure you are just not seeing them? You may have 6+2 cables there not 8 pin or they may be bundled up and tied off. Unfortunately people that review these types of computers tend to gloss over details of the power supply past saying what the rated wattage is so I can't find any details about it.

Is this what your system looks like? If it is, there are a...
I have the Asus ROG strix gl12cp-ds751. I recently purchased the msi gtx 1660 and am trying to put in my pc. Am wondering how it is possible to get it it to work. It came with 2gb 1050 already but it wont run warzone well. Wondering what other parts I need to buy to make my 1660 work.

You may want to add a bit of info here, you installed the 1660 and it does not work or you did not try it yet? Got all the power plugs it needs connected? Have the video cables going to the card and not the motherboard?
Post a picture of the power supply side panel where it shows the specs for it.

Nov 24, 2020
I posted the computer itself. I have tried to find a sticker for the psu. It is a mid size tower. My graphics card before didnt have a plug for it and worked fine. So I know it's probably the Psu. I literally have done everything besides pull the whole psu out and there is no sticker on it. I've taken both panels off. I'm pretty sure its cuz of the psu cuz the card fits fine. Just doesn't turn on

Nov 24, 2020
You may want to add a bit of info here, you installed the 1660 and it does not work or you did not try it yet? Got all the power plugs it needs connected? Have the video cables going to the card and not the motherboard?
I dont have the extra cable needed for the pcie 8 pin connector. I thought me paying 1500 dollars for the computer I would have been able to upgrade it without all that but the computer itself has no pcie coming out of the psu to connect the graphics card. Which is why I think I ius need a new psu. Cuz its normally included

Nov 24, 2020
I've tried to find the psu specs did everything but completely take it out and ther3w no sticker on it anywhere besides one that jus said the computer name. Also I have no pci. 6 or 8 pin connector coming out of my psu. The only extra cords I have are labeled p3-p7 none are 8 pin

I dont have the extra cable needed for the pcie 8 pin connector. I thought me paying 1500 dollars for the computer I would have been able to upgrade it without all that but the computer itself has no pcie coming out of the psu to connect the graphics card. Which is why I think I ius need a new psu. Cuz its normally included

Unfortunately in most pre-built the PSU is of very cheap quality to make more profit.

That is very odd for that model and cost of computer not to have PCIe power cables, are you sure you are just not seeing them? You may have 6+2 cables there not 8 pin or they may be bundled up and tied off. Unfortunately people that review these types of computers tend to gloss over details of the power supply past saying what the rated wattage is so I can't find any details about it.

Is this what your system looks like? If it is, there are a bunch of tied off cables there, take a look through those.

ASUS-ROG-Strix-GL10-24.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 24, 2020

Is this what your system looks like? If it is, there are a bunch of tied off cables there, take a look through those.

ASUS-ROG-Strix-GL10-24.jpg
Exactly like that. That was my thoughts why the heck this pc has a <Mod Edit> psu loo

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS