[SOLVED] Graphics cards-AMD vs Nvidia

Sep 29, 2019
The last time I was looking into GPUs, the Nvidia GTX Titan was king. I found Nvidia's model line up way less confusing than AMD so I went with Nvidia.

Is there nothing in it when it comes to GPUs or am I missing out on amazing price/performance ratio by simply being confused by AMD's lineup?

For instance, what is the AMD equivalent to the GTX Titan?

Solution
At the low end amd kills it.

Concider this. And RX570 4gb sells for around $120 and a gtx1650 sells for around $150.

The significantly cheaper rx570 performs a lot better in games.
,AMD doesn't have one, their strongest card on the market was released a few months ago, the RX 5700XT, it's comparable to the RTX 2070. Then there's the cut-down version 5700 which competes against the 2060. They just released the 5500 but those are like the 1600 series.

They say they're gonna come out with a high-end card that will compete against the 2080Ti but no word as of yet, and with the rumors of the Ampere series coming out in mid-2020 that'll be the next gen Nvidia cards AMD will have to move fast.

The main aspect of the 5700xt however is that they're 100$ cheaper than their nvidia counter parts. so there's your price to performance.

Sep 29, 2019
Holy <Mod Edit>, that's a £450 card!

I'm not nearly nerdy enough to spend that much on a GPU!

My current GTX 760 is more than enough for the games I play at the moment.

I was just curious about AMD, but they don't seem to offer anything Nvidia don't and their lineup is more confusing.

I think I'll grab a GTX 1060ti in a couple of years time.

Last edited by a moderator: