[SOLVED] Graphics cards not being detected by pc

Jun 20, 2019
Hey all.
So my graphics card (gtx 750ti) us not appearing in the device manager, despite it being fully in the pci-e slot and the PCI/PEG being enabled in the Asus bios. I know that it is not the motherboard that is faulty because i used it in my old build, along with my gtx 770. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Solution
On my win 8.1 the gpu does not show in DEVICES.

Click icon on desktop:

This PC > Properties > Device Manager

And there you'll see a bunch of stuff. Your gpu will be under video or something like that. If you click on it it will drop down to the specific device and if you right click on the device there is a driver install option. (installing drivers through Windows is frowned upon in these fora, but the option is there)

But if I just search on devices in either win 8.1 or win 10 I get things like the screen, the mouse, etc., But no GPU.

So try the "This PC" route and see if your gpu shows up.

Greg N
Jun 20, 2019
The motherboard is an ASUS P8H67-m pro, and the cpu is the i5 2400.
The case is too small (matx) to accommodate the gpu in the 2nd slot.
How do I set it as primary in the BIOS?

Jun 20, 2019
Setting it to PEG/IGPU does not resolve the problem, and when I try to update it to version 3904 via ASUS ez flash, it says that "selected BIOS is not an EFI bios!" How am I to circumvent this?

Klockclock

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2014
I had that problem recently when upgrading to gtx 970 and what solved it for me what simply installet the proper drivers from nvida website. Have you installed drivers for the card after switching?

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
On my win 8.1 the gpu does not show in DEVICES.

Click icon on desktop:

This PC > Properties > Device Manager

And there you'll see a bunch of stuff. Your gpu will be under video or something like that. If you click on it it will drop down to the specific device and if you right click on the device there is a driver install option. (installing drivers through Windows is frowned upon in these fora, but the option is there)

But if I just search on devices in either win 8.1 or win 10 I get things like the screen, the mouse, etc., But no GPU.

So try the "This PC" route and see if your gpu shows up.

Greg N

Solution