Question Graphics Cards Switching During Gaming

Nov 15, 2019
Hey everyone, sorry for being that guy who just registered to open a thread about his problems. But after searching internet, checking similar problems to find a solution, i am still clueless.

So basically what happens is, after 5-10 mins of gaming my gpu usage drops with fps which causes horrible gaming experience as you might guess. And according to afterburner during those drop moments, my laptop switches from main gpu to integrated intel gpu. Here are some logs from afterburner
32e507686985c739c6e081b46bbbe2f2-full.png

9fa74ac3d74c6641ad5bc6fce93316c9-full.png

Things I've tried so far; Ran diagnostic tools, cleaned fans, tried with various games, went back to old drivers, installed games to both ssd and hdd, tried power management options stuff, installed clean windows

So i will be glad if you guys can suggest something.

And finall my gpu and cpu are; Nvidia 1050TI / Intel 7700HQ

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
Have your tried setting your open GL gpu to your 1050ti

to do this you want to
1.Open up nvidia control panel by right clicking your wall paper
2. Go to manage 3D settings
3.look for open gl gpu click it and set it as your 1050ti

let me know if it doesn’t work

Reactions: Claxz
Nov 15, 2019
My laptop is Dell 7567 and i remember searching how to disable integrated graphics card and reading that it is not possible in this model. So after that i crossed over this option too

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
What you can also do to see if this problem will fix is go to your control panel and click system and security and there will be the power options and make sure to set when not plugged in to performance

Or you can also go to the control panel and set the power management mode to prefer maximum performance

Reactions: Claxz
Nov 15, 2019
Thanks man for all the help. I have tried all those and still the same. I am thinking maybe it is thermal throttling and maybe it needs to be pasted or something but I am not sure if Gpu requires such maintenance and my cpu's are looking all fine I guess.