Question Graphics cards with DTS audio.

awb555

Honorable
Dec 14, 2014
I don’t know much about graphic cards, however I do know in order to get DTS every piece of equipment needs to be able to support it. Unlike Dolby Digital if you try to play DTS it will turn to static. How do I know if a graphics card can carry surroundsound but in particularly DTS? Can I assume that if it has HDMI 2.0 it will be capable?
I’m looking for a cheap 4K graphics card to just watch movies (no gaming).

Spielwurfel

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
I believe that if you go Control Panel > Sound > Playback Device > Properties > Accepted Formats it will tell you what can go through your graphics card HDMI connection. Mine supports only 2 channels and a couple of simpler codecs. Mine is in portuguese but see the print screen.
Sem-t-tulo.png

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I believe that if you go Control Panel > Sound > Playback Device > Properties > Accepted Formats it will tell you what can go through your graphics card HDMI connection. Mine supports only 2 channels and a couple of simpler codecs. Mine is in portuguese but see the print screen.
Sem-t-tulo.png

That's because TV only has two speakers, it's showing you how many channels are available. If your card was connected to a surround sound setup, that would change.