jmendis

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I want to buy a Graphics Card, Its says PCIe x16 2.0. I have a PCIe x16 slot, but i don't know if its 1.0 or 2.0 slot or is their even a thing. So does slots on motherboard also have version or it does not matter.

What are the top things I need to make sure I have in my computer or similar to run the video card without any problems.

What are the things I should look for when picking a graphics card for gaming.

Does it matter if its Geforce or Radeon. I have intel Processor.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Youll be fine, graphics cards are backwards compatible with older PCIe versions and it will work fine. The only thing youll lose is the maximum number of bandwidth that can be transferred. Also you need to make sure you have a power supply that can support the graphics card your choosing.

jmendis

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

So only the power supply matters.Does the brand of the card matter, can i get a geforce card instead of a radeon card. I have an intel core i3 processor

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

No brand doesnt matter, its whatever you can afford really. What I mean about what power supply you have is if you have a 300w power supply but get a card that needs a minimum of 400w then thats where the graphics card might not be able to function correctly.