Question Graphics colors have gone dull, but card seems to run fine

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Ok I have a new development with my somewhat recent build, which is....
Mobo ASUS ROG Strix 390e
CPU 9700K
Cooler Corsair H100i Platinum RGB
GPU 2060KO Ultra
RAM16 gig G Skill Titan 2x8 DDR4 4266
Drives WD Black SN750 NVMe 1tb and Samsung 860 EVO 2.5 1TB SATA
PSU EVGA Supernova 650 GT 80 PLUS Gold
Monitor Acer Nitro XZ272U Pbmiiphx 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440 2K 165Hz

Ok here is issue I am having. All of the sudden after playing Battlefront 2 for the first time in a while, I noticed that my graphics are a little foggier than normal, colors are dull and the my nvidia control panel was missing from the right click options from desktop. I could get to Nvidia control panel through control panel, but it would not open up, even if I tried to open as administrator. I already checked my graphic drivers and they are up to date 457.30 and my card seems to working of while playing, colors are just duller as normal. This seemed to all take place after I opened Battlefront 2 maybe the update from the game had something to do with it idk??? I already uninstalled graphic drivers and reinstalled them and got Nvidia control panel back but still my colors are still dull. But the strange thing is, is that before I reinstalled my drivers, my colors were back to normal, until I reinstalled the drivers.
Is there anyone here that has any idea or insight to what is going on here, a little help or bouncing of ideas would be appreciated

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Use DDU in safe mode to completely remove and then reinstall your drivers. Corruption does happen...

How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum
Already thinking of the DDU or a system restore too a near date, but I'll look into the DDU first. Just need the time to dig into the right DDU. Have heard horror stories you know
The weird thing is though that gets me is that I got the 457.30 update a while ago, and this starts on me now??? But I just hope its not my somewhat new GPU

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Ok I did the DDU with the Wangward tools link that was in the link you posted. My colors were normal until I started to DL my drivers again. The thing is, is that the colors on my monitor were normal, until I started my DL from NVIDIA. I'm saying that pretty much as soon as I started the DL, my corlors went dull again, even before the download was even close to finishing. So with that this thing is confusing me

Horror stories with DDU? It's the safest and most clean way to completely remove graphic drivers. I believe that you are either mistaken, or the stories you heard was some wrongdoing of their own.

Can you try a different cable and different port? Is it possible to try the monitor in another system? Do you have another monitor/TV to check colours there as well?

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Horror stories with DDU? It's the safest and most clean way to completely remove graphic drivers. I believe that you are either mistaken, or the stories you heard was some wrongdoing of their own.

Can you try a different cable and different port? Is it possible to try the monitor in another system? Do you have another monitor/TV to check colours there as well?
Ok I have thought about what your saying, but I do work alot, up into the wee hours of the morning. I have been thinking about trying the display port, which I'm on HDMI now, but I need time to dig around to see if I have a display port cord around.

Bigj73nsb

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Ok I have thought about what your saying, but I do work alot, up into the wee hours of the morning. I have been thinking about trying the display port, which I'm on HDMI now, but I need time to dig around to see if I have a display port cord around.
Ok I just found a fix maybe, (Srry I just got home and somebody brought the HDR in my monitor settings up and I just turned it on and it seemed to fix problem lol. Hopefully this is a fix, but still don't understand why this thing came up the way it did??