hi all can you help please
someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what it
said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to continue
anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the doc. now i'm
guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am unable to load them.
is there a way i can load these graphics? do i need the conversion filter?
if so were do i get this from.
thank you

Normally *.doc files are MS Word files. They can be opend with WordPad, but
they may not display correctly because WordPad does not have all the
features that MS Word does.

Word Viewer 2003 lets you open Word 2003 documents and documents created
with all previous versions of Microsoft Word for Windows® and Microsoft Word
for Macintosh.
Word Viewer 2003 FREE
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3C66E841-3855-48A8-BE19-C7836979D4AC@microsoft.com,
RobLee <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> hi all can you help please
> someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what
> it said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to
> continue anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
> doc. now i'm guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
> unable to load them. is there a way i can load these graphics? do i
> need the conversion filter? if so were do i get this from.
> thank you

i dont have word but i just got the word viewer as recomended by wesley and
now i can view the whole document, job done, thx guys

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Normally *.doc files are MS Word files. They can be opend with WordPad, but
> they may not display correctly because WordPad does not have all the
> features that MS Word does.
>
> Word Viewer 2003 lets you open Word 2003 documents and documents created
> with all previous versions of Microsoft Word for Windows® and Microsoft Word
> for Macintosh.
> Word Viewer 2003 FREE
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:3C66E841-3855-48A8-BE19-C7836979D4AC@microsoft.com,
> RobLee <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > hi all can you help please
> > someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what
> > it said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to
> > continue anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
> > doc. now i'm guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
> > unable to load them. is there a way i can load these graphics? do i
> > need the conversion filter? if so were do i get this from.
> > thank you

Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:77F91390-6A73-4186-B30E-02CE5ECDF5E9@microsoft.com,
RobLee <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> i dont have word but i just got the word viewer as recomended by wesley
> and now i can view the whole document, job done, thx guys
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Normally *.doc files are MS Word files. They can be opend with WordPad,
>> but they may not display correctly because WordPad does not have all the
>> features that MS Word does.
>>
>> Word Viewer 2003 lets you open Word 2003 documents and documents created
>> with all previous versions of Microsoft Word for Windows® and Microsoft
>> Word for Macintosh.
>> Word Viewer 2003 FREE

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:3C66E841-3855-48A8-BE19-C7836979D4AC@microsoft.com,
>> RobLee <RobLee@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> hi all can you help please
>>> someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it this is what
>>> it said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want to
>>> continue anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
>>> doc. now i'm guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
>>> unable to load them. is there a way i can load these graphics? do i
>>> need the conversion filter? if so were do i get this from.
>>> thank you

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> hi all can you help please
> someone sent me a wordpad doc and when i tried to open it
> this is what it
> said, unable to load graphics conversion filter do you want
> to continue
> anyway, so i clicked yes. and only the text appeared in the
> doc. now i'm
> guessing the doc contains graphics of some sort but i am
> unable to load them.
> is there a way i can load these graphics? do i need the
> conversion filter?
> if so were do i get this from.
> thank you

You would probably need Word 97 or up to open the document, how ever
if you do not wish to give Microsoft lots of your money, use
OpenOffice insted.

OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-graphics-conversion-filter-ftopict403734.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337211