Graphics Display Settings Problems - Total Newbie Needs Help

BarelyHangingOn

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I am a total newb when it comes to Drivers and Graphics so please bare with me I will try to give all of the information I can. I am totally frustrated right now.

Here is my system:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.1B, 10/5/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Canada
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.08 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.95 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

My drivers are:
fmKMJfp.jpg

This week I tired of getting the atimpag,sys blue screen failure when watching videos online. I attempted to update each of these drivers as there are updates for each. The problem is that when I installed the Intel update the Radeon then failed because it wasn't compatible so I had to roll back. The Radeon update won't install because it is not compatible with the current or new Intel either.

Question 1 - I assume then I am stuck with the two original drives since I can not see how to update them at all. with one another.

Question 2 - Now that I had to roll back all of my original settings have disappeared and everything is a mess.

The movies and videos on my Hard Drive appear to be of okay quality and color. I cannot get my display colors even close. No matter what I do everything is way to red but I have fooled with everything and can't get the contrast out to save my life.

Viewing streaming video online is now a nightmare. It's way over contrasted and choppy. I have fooled with the Intel Graphic Setting and Catalyst Control Settings but I have no idea which one has any effect on the video color and quality. The intel kind of changes the screen colours but doesn't appear to effect the video itself. The Catalyst doesn't seem to do anything when I ams streaming video and playing with settings.

Can somebody help me before a grown man has to cry himself to sleep for another night?

Thanks!! If you need more info I will give you everything including my wife and the deed to my house to get this fixed.

Solution

for that:
>Open 'AMD catalyst control center'
>Go to 'video' tab
>Personalize settings in 'color' and 'quality'
>At last under 'global video quality', tick the two options.
>Apply & close.
>Restart browser to see the changes.

reply me if problem persists.

navZ88

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
restart computer
go into bios //pressing F2 or Del (varies from one system to other)
look for option like PCI>IGP (give priority to PCI) //search for on-board ports configuration
Save settings and reboot //press F10, then ok

still if problem persists, reply me back.

BarelyHangingOn

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Sorry I took so long was away over the weekend. I did what you said and now I see that the Catalyst software allows me to control the settings on the movies on my hd and I can alter the contrast etc. That is great!!!!

I still don't know how I am altering the internet streaming video colors. For example I am watching streaming video in Chrome that uses the Adobe Flash plug. Am I stuck with the video that displays or can I alter it as well?

Thanks again your first suggestion helped a lot.

navZ88

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

for that:
>Open 'AMD catalyst control center'
>Go to 'video' tab
>Personalize settings in 'color' and 'quality'
>At last under 'global video quality', tick the two options.
>Apply & close.
>Restart browser to see the changes.

reply me if problem persists.

Solution