[SOLVED] Graphics driver crash

Aug 8, 2019
So my graphics card and driver where doing just fine.
Recently i had installed spybot search and destroy to scan my pc and after that i deleted it bcuz it kept saying x days till trial ends.
and i don't know if its related but now my graphics driver keeps crashing everytime i start up a game or if im watching youtube.

i will get a black screen and then the screen will come back but the game will be closed and the graphics driver will say that it crashed but managed ro reboot it.
additionally i get an error saying ERROR 3 unable to find correct program Path or something like that.
graphicserror.png

i am running windows 7 home premium
i have tried updating the driver but that did not work
i tried using an older driver and it said it wasnt compatible with my windows version...even tho im sure it was
i have also made a change in the registry because i read this on a help page somewhere regedit->local machine->system->control-> graphicsdrivers / Add TdrDelay (8)
this merely prolonged the graphics being all dark and funky and still resulted in a driver crash

help me please :(

Last edited:
Solution
DUDE! i think i fixed it!

so after installing another driver i was starting to realize that something was probably wrong with hardware.
because absolutely nothing was working....
so what i did was i pulled my desktop from under my desk to open it up and fiddle with the GPU and the ram sticks a bit....bcuz i don't know why lmao! last resort i guess.
and i immedeatly noticed that my powercord in the back of the tower came loose. wich it shouldn't because the cord is long enough to pull it from under my desk.

so what i think caused the problems is that the power cord was connected but only just barely...causing it to feed less energy to my computer. enough to run the pc but not enought to do heavy duty graphics stuff. so everytime the...
Aug 8, 2019
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
4GB DDR3 kingston PC3-10700 (667mhz)
ASUS P7H55 Motherboard
Intel Core i5 650 @3.20ghz
Windows 7 home premium OS. its clean, i installed it with the original CD and activated it with a key
do you need anything else? im not sure lol.
im not sure about the tempratures but i very thoroughly cleaned my pc out and added fresh thermal paste to the graphics card and the Core on the motherboard like 3 weeks ago and last time i checked the tempratures where really good. its a gaming case and there are like 7 fans in the case with switches on em and they are all set to high and theren is ofcours fans on the graphics card aswell. maybe you know of a good gpu/cpu temp control program that i could use to keep an eye on it?

i have not yet tried the DDU but i will do that right after typing this response :)

ok so i have done the DDU from safe mode.
made a clean install of the drivers but the problem persists..
its really wierd though because the driver is working, its only once it has to put in a little effort that it crashes. like running a videogame or playing a video

got this now aswell
speccy.png

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019
DUDE! i think i fixed it!

so after installing another driver i was starting to realize that something was probably wrong with hardware.
because absolutely nothing was working....
so what i did was i pulled my desktop from under my desk to open it up and fiddle with the GPU and the ram sticks a bit....bcuz i don't know why lmao! last resort i guess.
and i immedeatly noticed that my powercord in the back of the tower came loose. wich it shouldn't because the cord is long enough to pull it from under my desk.

so what i think caused the problems is that the power cord was connected but only just barely...causing it to feed less energy to my computer. enough to run the pc but not enought to do heavy duty graphics stuff. so everytime the graphics card had to work a little harder it would require more power than it was actually getting fed and that caused the driver to crash.

so a loosely connected powercord was to blame

Solution