[SOLVED] Graphics driver crashed and recovered URGENT HELP

Nov 28, 2019
for the last few months i have been getting a repeat crashing of my games it seems to happen when my gpu gets to a high load.
ive tried so many things and wondering if you have some idea what the problem is as im thinking that it is hardware not software related.

Here is a list of what i have done:-
updated ALL drivers(used ddu to remove old GPU ones)
updated bios
re seat RAM,CPU,GPU
unplugged all cables and plugged back in correctly
new thermal paste on CPU
added a TdrDelay of 8 (in the right bit for my OS)
Bought a bigger wattage psu 600w (500w recommended for current GPU)
bought a new graphics card went from asus gtx 1050ti to an aorus amd rx 580
re installed windows about 3 times now

i am completely out of ideas. wondering if there is some way of finding out what is causing my problem as i do not really want to spend alot of money rebuilding a whole pc if its just 1 piece of hardware.

i hope you can help as this has been a headache and im very keen to fix it as i cannot game atall with this consistent crashing

thanks.

Solution
perhaps it's not hardware issue, but software issue. especially when you've tried a completely different GPU.

Are you overclocking at all?
If so, reset back to defaults.

As for the issue of software, I suggest backing up any important files to the cloud, then perform a wipe and clean install of Windows.
If using Windows 10, make sure you've linked your Microsoft account to the system so that your activation gets linked so that when you do the fresh install, it'll be activated once you log back into your account during boot.

After clean install followed by installing graphics drivers, DirectX, etc. and then playing a game that crashes.
If you get a crash then follow up with the following:

Perform stability and stress tests on CPU...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
perhaps it's not hardware issue, but software issue. especially when you've tried a completely different GPU.

Are you overclocking at all?
If so, reset back to defaults.

As for the issue of software, I suggest backing up any important files to the cloud, then perform a wipe and clean install of Windows.
If using Windows 10, make sure you've linked your Microsoft account to the system so that your activation gets linked so that when you do the fresh install, it'll be activated once you log back into your account during boot.

After clean install followed by installing graphics drivers, DirectX, etc. and then playing a game that crashes.
If you get a crash then follow up with the following:

Perform stability and stress tests on CPU, Memory, and GPU separately in that order and see which test causes a crash.
I would suggest Aida64 for stressing and stability testing CPU and memory as well as entire system as a whole, and use Unigine Valley, Heaven, and Superposition for stress testing the GPU.

A final stress benchmark to try out would be Furmark.

Solution
Nov 28, 2019
thankyou
QwerkyPengwen
for you quick reply i used Aida64 and had an instant test failure. through the process of elimination i found out the System Memory is the problem all other hardware is running 100% . Is the RAM then the issue for why my driver is crashing randomly ?

thank you again.
very impressed with the Aida64 program

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
bad RAM can cause crashes of all kinds.
if you deduced it's the memory, could be all of it, or a single stick.
can test each stick by itself in the system to determine which one is bad.

be sure that when you go to take out RAM you completely shut down then flip switch on PSU then press and hold power button for 10 seconds to drain residual energy from system before removing RAM sticks.

RAM replacement might be in order assuming it's not the slots themselves on the motherboard.