[SOLVED] Graphics driver keeps crashing ?

Dec 29, 2020
My pc's power supply died several months ago. I recently replaced it with a 300W PSU and I decided to update my graphics driver. I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600 on an A320 board with the Asrock Phantom Gaming RX560 2G. The GPU does not need a 6 pin power input from the PSU, it takes it all from the PCIE lane. Ever since the update my display driver has been frequently crashing doing light things like watching a video or playing music and my audio also experiences what sounds like interference at times. I thought it was a power supply issue but I stress tested my system, both CPU and GPU, for an hour, and even overclocked the GPU for good measure, and ran the test again and my system never crashed. I cleaned and re seated my GPU as well and uninstalled the new driver to get the 21.4.1 version. Its still crashing even after I do a system restore too. Frustratingly when I'm actually taxing the system, everything is fine but simple stuff caused it to crash and leaves several gigabytes of trash files on my system too. It usually freezes, then the screen's pixels turn grey, red and black. Then afterwards I get the BSOD. Any assistance will be appreciated on the issue.

Solution
can you remember the last time the gpu wasn't having issues? I would perform a clean uninstall/install of the last drivers that worked fine with your card. Because to me a bsod is a bit "deeper" than a simple graphic driver crash, which shouldn't resolute in bsod.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
can you remember the last time the gpu wasn't having issues? I would perform a clean uninstall/install of the last drivers that worked fine with your card. Because to me a bsod is a bit "deeper" than a simple graphic driver crash, which shouldn't resolute in bsod.

Solution
Dec 29, 2020
The previous diver I used was the 20.3.1 version. This isn't the first time really that the pc crashed or gave me a bsod but that usually happened when my GPU or ram was overclocked or overheating